Questions about self-organisation
Pixelache 2008 asked a few grassroot initiatives about their organisational strategies. We received replies from Processing, Arduino, Dorkbot and Boxwars UK (thanks a lot!).
The questions were:
* What are the aims of the project you are involved in?
* How is the project organised?
* How do you support the work financially and what impact does this have on your project?
* What do you feel you have achieved, and what are the problems you face?
* Are there any past projects/models which have inspired you?
* What are your hopes for the future?
Here are the answers:
* Processing - Casey Reas & Ben Fry
* * *
Martha Wallner and Will Bradley asked these same questions in the book Self-Organisation/ Counter-economic Strategies published in 2006. The survey 'Independent media and self-organised culture in the US: Situations and strategies' featured answers from 5 US-based organisations (published again here):
* Indymedia -– Sasha Constanza-Chock
* Free Speech Radio News – Adrienne Lauby
* Electronic Intifada – Nigel Parry
* Other Cinema (and A.T.A. Gallery) – Craig Baldwin
* Temporary Services – Brett Bloom