This workshop is intended for people who want to learn how to create real-time motion graphics using Quartz Composer. During the two-day workshop, participants will learn the basics of node-based programming in QC and some advanced techniques for real-time graphics and animation. The participants will also learn how to combine QC with other applications using Syphon.
Quartz Composer is a visual programming environment, included with Apple’s developer tools, that allows you to quickly creates ophisticated motion graphics compositions without having to write code. It is a very powerful tool for quick prototyping and also for creating finished applications.
Syphon is an open-source Mac OS technology that allows to share still and moving images between Mac OS applications in real-time.
The proposed duration of the workshop is of 2 days:
- Introduction to QC and node-based programming
- Installation and setting up the software and plugins
- The basic workflow for image processing in QC
- Generative graphics in QC
- Real-time animation techniques
- Creating stand-alone applications
- Integration of QC compositions in other applications (VDMX, CoGe, MadMapper)
- Using Syphon in QC
Final performances on 13.04.2013.
Experimental audiovisual performance guided by Matti Niinimäki and Krisjanis Rijnieks in collaboration with a sound artis
The whole event has happened in co-operation with the AAVE festival and consisted of:
- 3 creative coding workshops: AVVX by Nuno Correia, Cinder by Krišjānis Rijnieks, Quartz Composer by Matti Niinimäki
- AV performances with participation of DKSTR & MÅNSTERI, Sander Mölder, Axel Thesleff & Video Jack, Baltic Diving Co.
- Audiovisual media installation Metasphere by Irīna Špičaka, Krišjānis Rijnieks and Platon Buravicky
Documentation by Jānis Rijnieks, editing by Krišjānis Rijnieks.