AV Festival / Audiovisual artwork commission
Pixelache and AV Festival have started talking about possible collaboration in 2010. The next AV Festival is scheduled for March 2010. See the first call for proposals below.
- - - - - -
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
AVISON LIVE: Audio-visual artwork commission
Avison Ensemble and AV Festival, in partnership with culture10, seek to commission a major new audio visual artwork by a leading contemporary artist that celebrates 18th Century North East composer Charles Avison and his musical heritage by reinterpreting his traditional music for 21st Century audiences.
The commission forms a central part of the Avison tercentenary celebrations in 2009 and will be featured as part of a large scale public event in Newcastle City Centre, including live music by the renowned Avison Ensemble in September 2009 and a potential tour beyond.
Experienced and established artists or artist groups are invited to submit proposals to develop a new audio visual work that responds to the music of Charles Avison, the unique environment of Newcastle City Centre and attracts new audiences for classical music and contemporary electronic art.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE COMMISSION
- Deliver a large scale audio visual event of outstanding artistic quality which will attract significant numbers in terms of audiences and profile regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Raise public awareness of both electronic arts and classical music.
- Bring the music of Charles Avison to a new, younger audience in a way that is vital to the current times and in keeping with Avison’s own attitude to culture and participation.
- Provide a major new commission opportunity for a leading contemporary artist, showing how contemporary audio visual artists can work with historical music.
- The proposal deadline is 12pm on 9 March 2009. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified on 20 March 2009.
- Interviews will be held on 27 March 2009.
- The commission will be awarded on 3 April 2009.
- The work is to be completed by 24 August 2009.
The artist fee is GBP 12,000 and there is a production budget of approximately GBP 20,000 to stage the work.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND FULL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PROJECT BRIEF AT: WWW.AVFESTIVAL.CO.UK